COVID PoliciesThe facility will be wiped down throughout the day as swim families come and go every 30 minutes,
What is Finan Swim School doing to keep the school clean?
including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
Disinfecting will be available throughout the facility and in changing areas.
The use of pool toys and equipment used in our lessons will be disinfected between uses.
Additional deep cleans will be utilized as needed or recommended.
Hand sanitizer will remain available at all locations and will be mandatory upon entry.
How Can I Make Swimming Lessons Safe?As always if you are experiencing symptoms of any illness, we ask that you fully recover before returning to the swim school.
If you have visited a Finan Swim School and have come in close contact with anyone who has Covid-19 symptoms, we ask that you please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the swim school.
Any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19 is asked to notify us and remain out of the swim school until receiving written medical clearance to return. If you have traveled outside of the country or been in contact with anyone who has, or with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or any flu-like virus, please notify the school immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the swim school.
What is your policy on masks?In accordance with the Thames Valley District School Board recommendations swimmers in grades 1 and above will be asked to wear a mask while inside the facility other than during lesson time in the pool. Caregivers viewing lessons will be asked to wear a mask for the duration of their time in our building.
Reasonable exceptions on the requirement to wear masks will apply.
All staff will be required to wear masks, with reasonable exceptions for medical conditions. Face shields will be provided for all coaching staff who are regularly in close contact with swimmers while in the water. All adults will be required to wear masks with reasonable exceptions for medical conditions.
How are we able to social distance at lessons?Below is a list of the steps we have taken to keep physical distance and avoid congestion.
- One adult per family is requested at this time.
- Chairs in the waiting area and seating on the pool deck are placed 2 metres apart and we ask that you be mindful of others and patient while occupying shared spaces.
- We will be assigning area on the deck that are meant for swimmers who are waiting for lessons, and parents who are watching lessons
- We ask that swimmers arrive only five minutes before their scheduled class time to keep occupancy numbers within guidelines and walkways clear. Likewise, please exit the building as soon as possible following your child’s lesson to assist us in keeping our numbers as low as possible.
- Until further notice all make-up classes have been paused to accommodate new COVID-19 capacity restrictions.